If you want to think like a chef, it’s important learn when you combine the right ingredients with the right aromatics you can really make your recipe pop. Watch Cheoff Geoff teach you how to a make ginger chicken lettuce wraps recipe, topped with chopped peanuts and a fresh julienne of sugar snap peas, carrots, peppers and cilantro.
The French love butter, cream and tarragon. Italians go for olive oil, garlic and basil. In today’s application of an Asian flair recipe, you will learn that when you combine sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin together with fresh ginger you can make your plate really pop. This easy one pot recipe for ginger chicken lettuce wrap is the perfect summer patio recipe. It’s very versatile: you can serve it over noodles, rice or tacos. Paired with a crushable blond ale, your taste buds will thank you. Bon Appetit!
GINGER CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS
- 2lb ground chicken
- 2 tb sesame oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, fine diced
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- S+P to taste
- 2 3 inch knob ginger, grated
- 2 oz rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup beer of your choice
- 2 oz soy sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans, frozen
- Sautee the onion in sesame oil, garlic and S+P.
- Once translucent, brown the ground chicken. Add half the ginger.
- Sear the chicken on both sides, then mash with a wooden spoon.
- Degalze with beer and rice vinegar, reduce by half.
- Measure and add the remaining liquids.
- Add edemame beans.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes, Ensure that you are breaking up the chicken and stirring occasionally.
Shelf life: 5 days
- 1 red pepper, thin sliced
- 10 sugar snap peas, thin sliced
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 spring cilantro, rough chopped
- See video for slicing techniques. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djk-O7AVKs&feature=youtu.be
- Add the vegetables to a mixing bowl, add the lime.
- Mix together.
HOW TO BUILD LETTUCE CUPS
- 2oz chopped peanuts
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Separate the iceberg into cups.
- Add the ginger chicken to each cup.
- Top with chopped peanuts.
- Finish with julienne mixture.
One Comment Add yours
Delicious looking Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps!