Summer is here! Today’s tabbouleh couscous salad recipe is a great option for a family gatherings, BBQs or potlucks. Tabbouleh is a traditional Lebanese salad made with fresh parsley. It will pair perfectly with my chai tea steeped couscous. This light and summery salad is topped off with roasted crunchy chickpea croutons and a quick and easy tahini yogurt dressing. Share this with anyone and I promise you can make friends with this salad. Bon Appetit!
- 1.25 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bag chai tea
- 1 tb EVOO
- 1 cup organic brown couscous
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the tea bag, steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the couscous to a mixing bowl, mix in EVOO.
- Immediately add the steeped chai broth.
- Mix, then cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and rough chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro, washed and rough chopped
- 10 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, fine chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- 2 tb EVOO
- 2 tb red wine vinegar
- S+P to taste
- Add all the chopped herbs, vegetables and garlic to mixing bowl.
- Measure and add the liquids. Mix well.
- Season with S+P to taste.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- Spice blend: 1 ts curry powder, 1 ts chili powder, 1 ts garlic salt, cracked pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 425
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients, mix well.
- Roast in the oven on a parchment lined cooking sheet for 25 minutes.
TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING
- 2 tb Greek yogurt
- 1 tb tahini
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 lemon, juiced
- 3 tb water
- 1 ts EVOO
- S+P to taste.
- Combine the yogurt, tahini, EVOO and lemon juice.
- Mix well, then add water a tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Season with S+P.
Yield: 2 jars quick pickled vegetables
Shelf Life: 2 months