I had a bunch of different vegetables leftover from the week: onions, peppers, ginger and jalapenos. Instead of leaving them in the fridge to get old I decided to quick pickle them. This a very versatile recipe, once you master it, you can use this essential prep technique to quick pickle anything. Quick pickled vegetables like this are great on tacos, burgers, sandwiches and salads. Bon Appetit!
- 2 1L Mason jars
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 red wine vinegar
- 4 tb sugar
- 1.5 tv kosher salt
- 4-5 mini bell peppers, thin sliced
- 1 large red onion, thin sliced
- 1 knob ginger, shaved
- ½ English cucumber, thin sliced
- 3 jalapeno, thin sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tb pickling spice
- 1 star anis
- Slice the vegetables, layer into the Mason jars
- Dissolve the sugar and salt into the liquids in a medium sized pot.
- Add aromatics.
- Bring the brine to boil and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the brine evenly between the Mason jars.
- Cover with the lid and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Store in the fridge for 48 hours, undisturbed.
- Once opened, continue to store in the fridge.
Yield: 2 jars quick pickled vegetables
Shelf Life: 2 months
3 Comments Add yours
I love this pickle recipe I’ll be trying it for sure!!!
You’re gonna love this recipe